Guidelines for Successful Programs
Following these guidelines greatly increases the impact of the program.
Process the paperwork for payment due on program date.
- Please remember, no audio or video recording of Craig’s programs is permitted.
- If Craig is working with a group of 40 participants or more, inspect sound system thoroughly. Craig will be using his own wireless microphone during the presentation, but a back-up microphone is suggested in case of a problem.
- If Craig is ﬂying in for the program, and the sound system at the location is not of high quality, please consider renting a portable unit. Good sound is crucial to the success of the program.
- Select a person to read the introduction, ideally a student. Please have the introducer read the introduction exactly as it is written with no “ad-libs.(Introduction is included in this packet.)
- If the assembly program is to be held in the gymnasium, all students must sit on ONE side of the bleachers.
- Teachers should sit with their students in the assembly program.
- Listen for and eliminate disturbing noises before and during the program. (Ex: overhead exhaust or heater fans, loud speaker announcements, school construction, etc.)
Name Tag Guidelines
I prefer to call people by name and this can be a challenge from a distance.You can either recruit a few students to create neatly written name tags as students register or
prepare them prior to the program. Please implement this simple guide before preparing name tags.
- Providing proper name tags helps me address participants by their name.
- The simpliest and easiest name tag is a 2 X 4 sticky label. Participants simply write their name when they register.
- Providing a few dark sharpie markers will also be useful.
- If you are going to prepare name tags prior to the event, please have the name ﬁll as much of the name tag as possible.
Please avoid the following
- Lanyard name tags
- 1 x 3 mailing labels
- Light color, dry, or narrow markers
- Using ink pens instead of markers
- Using post-it notes as name tags