Breakthrough: Phase I
The Breakthrough Leadership Training workshop is designed for a variety of leadership audiences. Students involved in student council, NHS, SADD, DECA, FBLA, athletic leaders, and mentors will find the content practical and instantly applicable.
Through a series of activities, discussions, and stories, leaders will be inspired to make a difference in their schools and organizations. The program is divided into three phases. Phase I is a stand-alone session. Phase II and III can be combined in a session and present as one workshop.
Phase I: Personal Skills
Becoming a leader is a process—not an event. Effective leaders must understand the attitudes, beliefs, and strategies they can use to become a person of impact.
Phase I of Breakthrough includes:
- Defining leadership
- Exploring burdens and benefits of leadership
- Debunking popular leadership myths
- Evaluating personal strengths and areas that can be improved
- Understanding five key leadership lessons
- Applying the information into everyday life